When you live in Pennsylvania, you know that the fall months are when the leaves start to change and the weather starts to get a little chilly. There are some things that you can do around your home to prep for the change in weather – and prepare your home for the snow that will inevitably fall during the winter.
The checklist is something that will help you get started, and depending upon the things that are in and around your home, there may be other things that you want to add to the list as well.
- Weather strip around doors and windows to keep out the cold air
- Reverse fans throughout your home to bring warm air down
- Replace batteries throughout all of the smoke detectors in your home
- Have the heater inspected by professionals to ensure it is working properly
- Clean the chimney with the help of a licensed chimney sweep to remove the risk of chimney fires
- Clean the gutter so that they are clean for when rain and ice come
- Have the roof inspected so that any loose or missing shingles can be replaced/fixed before rain, snow, and wind arrive
- Fill and seal any cracks within your driveway and walkways so that the cold air does not split them open wider
The cold weather and all of the snow can pose problems for your home. The best way to protect it is by following a simple checklist – and you can choose to do as much or as little of it on your own. There are always professionals willing to help.
At Henderson Insurance Agency we look forward to helping you protect your home in Harrisburg. Call today and let us begin searching for quotes from top insurance companies around Pennsylvania as well as answering questions that you may have about coverage.