Do I need to have life insurance in Harrisburg, PA?

Life insurance is not something that is something legally required in the state of Pennsylvania, but it is essential if you are supporting a family. Think of it as a replacement for your income if you die and are the breadwinner for the household. If you are looking around for a good deal on life insurance in the Harrisburg, PA area, consider giving Henderson Insurance Agency a call.

There are different types of life insurance plans that you can consider. With whole life insurance, you may keep your assets covered for your entire lifespan until death. With term life insurance, you may keep yourself covered within a specified time frame. Endowment life insurance will pay out if you reach a certain age so that you do not have to wait for death.

Is it a good idea to keep life insurance after your kids become adults?

If you are still with your dependent spouse long after the kids move away, it may still be a good idea to keep the life insurance plan. If your spouse would otherwise depend on a modest social security check with few assets left behind, the payout from life insurance can be life-saving. Of course, you must assess the costs and the assets being left behind in your current situation.

In most cases, families will want the primary income earner to have life insurance in case of the unexpected. Life insurance has a lot of variances depending on your current living situation so things must be assessed carefully. If you are interested in a decent life insurance policy, consider checking the rates with Henderson Insurance Agency.

Personal Auto or Commercial Auto Insurance?

As a small business owner, you may own a personal vehicle that’s used quite a bit for business purposes. If that’s the case, you may need commercial auto insurance protection to safeguard your business in the event of an accident. Your personal auto insurance policy may not cover accidents that occur when using your vehicle for your Harrisburg, PA business. By consulting with an agent from Henderson Insurance Agency, you can get a better understanding of what kind of insurance you need.

When deciding between personal auto and commercial auto insurance, consider the following:  

If your car is registered under the name of your business, you need commercial coverage. Business vehicles are often used more extensively than personal vehicles, making them at greater risk of accidents. Commercial insurance will ensure you have adequate liability and property damage protection to meet your business needs.

If you regularly use your personal vehicle for work purposes, you may need commercial coverage, even if the car is registered in your name. Many small business owners use their personal vehicle to visit clients, transport business supplies or equipment, make deliveries or haul commercial goods. These are some of the criteria for commercial auto coverage.

Personal auto policies provide coverage when using your vehicle for personal use. If you have an accident when using your car for business purposes, your insurer may not honor your claim, leaving you to foot the bills.

Commercial auto insurance offers greater liability coverage to protect business interests in the event of accidents. If you’re using a personal vehicle for business purposes, you’ll need adequate coverage to protect your business from serious accidents and the risk of lawsuits.    

If you’re not sure what kind of car insurance you need, give us a call at Henderson Insurance Agency, Harrisburg, PA. We can help you select the policy best suited to your needs.