Should You Purchase RV Insurance if the RV is Paid Off?

When you take out a loan to purchase an RV, or a recreational vehicle, you are required to carry full insurance on it, the same as you would if you were to take out a car loan. This helps to ensure that if the RV is stolen or totaled, the lender gets back the money they loaned you for the RV. Once the RV is paid off, you may find yourself wondering if you should still carry RV insurance. This is a question that many of our clients at Henderson Insurance Agency ask us. Here is our response to this question. 

In order to register your RV, you will need to carry liability insurance on the RV. The amount of liability insurance needed varies from state to state. We also recommend that you carry comprehensive and collision coverage, even if your vehicle is paid off. Both types of insurance help to protect your RV against things like your RV being stolen, being vandalized or you hitting a tree or parked vehicle with your RV.

An RV can be costly to repair or replace if it damaged or totaled. Purchasing insurance gives you peace of mind that you will only have to pay your deductible out of pocket, rather than the full amount of any damage done if your RV is damaged or is stolen. 

If you are looking to obtain RV insurance, or are looking to obtain a new policy, contact Henderson Insurance Agency. We can help you determine how much coverage you need and put together a policy that offers you the protection and limits that best suit your needs. Call us now to get started and to obtain a free quote. 

Do I Need ATV Insurance?

ATV insurance can offer financial protection for damages, accidents, theft, and injuries, and having insurance often comes in handy when an unexpected situation occurs. Pennsylvania requires that all ATVs be registered and have minimum insurance coverage. However, the law doesn’t state a specific amount of coverage that’s required. To get more specific information about ATV insurance in your area, you can contact the Henderson Insurance Agency, which is serving Harrisburg, PA.

Pennsylvania requires you to have at least liability insurance on your ATV. If you’re at fault for an accident, this type of insurance helps cover the costs of property damage or bodily injury. Liability insurance also helps cover your legal fees if you’re sued as a result of the accident. For further protection, you may want to consider getting other types of coverage to supplement liability insurance, such as collision coverage, comprehensive coverage, and underinsured/uninsured motorist coverage.

Collision coverage helps pay for damages to your ATV, regardless of who was at fault in the accident. There is often a deductible, which is a set amount that you have to pay out of your pocket before the insurance pays for the remainder of the repair costs.

If you want protection against theft, vandalism, and weather damage, look into getting comprehensive coverage. This coverage pays for damage to your ATV caused by something other than an accident.

Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage is helpful if you let other people ride your ATV. This type of coverage helps pay for expenses if another rider causes an accident and doesn’t have the necessary insurance to cover the damage.

When you’re trying to decide exactly how much coverage you need, there are a lot of factors to consider. Contact the Henderson Insurance Agency, which serves the Harrisburg, PA area, to chat with a knowledgeable person about crafting an insurance policy that meets your needs.